Agglom.com adds URL slideshows, RSS and easy link suggestion
Just a few days after the Beta 3.0 release, we have just released a new Agglom version (Beta 3.1).
Some new features:
- Suggest a link: anyone can suggest new links on any organized web session. Every new suggested link goes into an approval queue and the owner may decide to integrate it or to delete it. By default, the owner receives an email notification every time a user suggests a new link on one of her/his saved Web searchers. This notification service can be turned off in the privacy options.
- Web slideshows: for every organized web session, Agglom automatically creates a slideshow consisting of the pages stored in the session. Slideshows have a URL of their own: One example is http://www.agglom.com/webslideshow/49/Firefox_3. Slideshow URLs are listed at the top of each session’s page.
- User RSS feeds: every Agglom user profile page now has a public RSS feed that lists the sessions stored for that user. Here is one example: http://www.agglom.com/userFeeds/vctr
- Quick Add-A-Link feature: the owner can just jump to the bottom of an organized web session to add a new link, without browsing the “modify Web search” page
… some minor improvements:
- Select All / Deselect All links in the Agglomerator landing-page to select / deselect all the links
…and some fixes 🙂 on the Firefox extension, on user avatars, on the comments feature and on other minor parts.
We would like to thank Marjoilein Hoekstra (http://cleverclogs.org/), one of our users who played a very important role in this release. Marjolein brain-stormed with us on how to improve Agglom. In fact, the web slideshow feature sprouted from her mind, as well as user RSS feeds and most of the other new features and improvements in this release. Thanks!